Some think insurance is boring but we beg to differ. We love analyzing numbers, analytics and stats in order to help our clients. That’s our job and your insurance agent should feel the same way.
We see families, businesses and individuals everyday who are glad they took the 15 minutes to understand what their car insurance covers and doesn’t cover. The amount of safety net your buy really depends on your budget, needs and of course how savvy your insurance agent is!
So, we’ll cut right to the chase. Below are the 10 insurance facts and or myths your most likely didn’t know about insurance.
- 16 – 19 year olds are 3x more likely to have speeding violations
- 28% of all auto fatalities are younger than 25 years old
- Auto premiums (on average) drop significantly after your 25th birthday
- Red cars DO NOT affect the cost of your auto insurance
- 16% of all drivers are uninsured at any given time
- 84% of drivers use their seat belts
- All 50 states require some type of car insurance
- Only 9 out of every 100,000 cars are involved in a fatal accident
- 55 out of every 100,000 motorcycles are involved in a fatal accident
- Car insurance MAY not cover items stolen within your vehicle.
Some other facts we found interesting:
The 7 most common auto insurance claim:
- Fender bender
- Windshield damage
- Back Injuries
- Animal collision
The average loss per claim per vehicle:
- SUV – $3,800
- Car – $4,200
- Truck – $4,400
We could go on for days, but we think you get the idea. Driving a 2-ton vehicle down the highway at speeds in excess of 60+ miles per hour, every day, is extremely dangerous. We don’t think about it because it has become a part of our daily lives, but the implications and variables we confront everyday to order to safe are mind boggling.
Stay safe out there and don’t just get any ol’ insurance. You spend too much time driving to have cut rate insurance. Contact one of our Insurance Architects today to ensure what matters most!